Skip to main content

Granted Immunity

 I am now fully vaccinated; while the Government wants us to get to an 80% vaccination rate, I would love to see us get to 100%.

One thing that makes me proud to be an Australian is our sense of mateship and camaraderie in times of natural disaster. I urge all Australians to come together to do the same for COVID. 

I know that some of you may be hesitant because of the speed at which the vaccinations were approved. It is important to remember however that the cooperation between nations was unprecedented and the best scientists from around the world worked together to create the vaccines. 

Like any medication there is a small risk but the risk of catching and dying from COVID is much higher. 

As someone who is in the high risk category, I appreciate everyone who has got their vaccination. There are millions of vulnerable Australians and I'm sure everyone of us knows someone in that category. 

In boxing the jab is the first line of attack and in the fight against the coronavirus getting the jab is also the first line of attack. 

I am willing to arm myself to protect Australia, so please join me and do the same. 



Vaccination Nation


It's time to deliver the coronavirus a blow; vaccinate and become a national hero.

Look the needle in the eye and you'll stop someone you love from having to die.

Sometimes we are granted immunity when we go to court to testify;

The vaccine will immunise our community if we give it a try.


The power of vaccination will protect our entire nation.

I am willing to give it a stab; join me and get the jab.

Standing by your mate is what Aussies consider right.

Vaccine will help us win this fight.


A computer virus will corrupt your data and give you strife;

The coronavirus can end your life.

There are things in life that are worth the risk,

For me it is protecting my family from any vulnerability. 


The vaccine helps us recognise the infection and marshal our bodies' soldiers for protection.

Our grandparents fought in World War II, 

So in getting a little needle to protect them is the least we can do.

If we cherish every single breath, vaccination will protect us from death.


The virus will not be beaten by our charms; this is a call to arms.

It's time for all of us to be in the front line of this war and understand what we're fighting for.

This is a challenge of character, a coronavirus test; the virus will not be killed by a protest.

This is a once in a generation chance to us to become a vaccination nation


Chris Van Ingen | 28 August 2021



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Together Project

This blog post is the third in the series inspired by my reflections on the abuse and neglect suffered by people with disabilities. The Together Project is an art collaboration designed to create a safe place for people to discuss their experiences. For me watching people's creations has made me reflect on my own life experiences. I know statistically between 85 to 90 % of people with disabilities may experience some form of abuse in their lifetime. Until recently I would have said that I do not fit into that category but I am speaking up in this blog to demonstrate that abuse can be severe or subtle. Please read my poem 'Lock Box' to discover my true experience. For anyone that is interested in getting involved the exhibition will have a space at the 'Having A Say' Conference 2019 because together we can find a way. Lock Box A moment in fear all I hear is the ticking of the clocks.  I have an unhealthy obsession with security; I hide everything...

Wisdom Takes Work

 The final book in Ryan Holiday's Stoic Virtues series came out this year. The book Wisdom Takes Work  is a powerful and thought provoking addition to his phenomenal works on Stoicism.  The book's central theme is that wisdom ties together all the other virtues. There is no courage, discipline, or justice without wisdom.  Holiday breaks down the concept of wisdom into five key attributes: knowledge, education, self reflection, truth, and peace.  Knowledge and education covers both traditional schooling and learning as well as self education, the 'school of life' so to speak.  As part of the journey to becoming a wise man, or woman, there must be self reflection so that don't just memorise lessons but internalise and apply them.  Doing this self reflection leads you to look beneath the surface of life leading you to truth and peace.  If you haven't already, read Ryan Holiday's Virtues series:  Courage is Calling , Discipline is Destiny , Righ...

A Vision for an Inclusive Australia (DRC Final Report)

 The final revised version of the Disability Royal Commission (DRC) into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation was published on 2 November 2023.  The Royal Commission ran for four years with hundreds of people with disabilities testifying at hearings and thousands more supplying the Commission with written submissions.  The final report titled Our Vision for An Inclusive Australia  made 222 recommendations to improve laws, policies, structures, and practices to ensure a more inclusive and just society. That supports the independence of people with disabilities and their right to live a life free from violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation.  The report covers 12 volumes ranging from:  Voices of People with Disability  About the Royal Commission Nature and Extent of Violence, Abuse, and Exploitation Realising the Human Rights of People with Disability  Governing for Inclusion Inclusive Education, Employment, and Housing Enabling Autonomy an...